Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Place to Volunteer/New Topic!

     So I have decided to change my topic from nonprofit organization to (drum roll please)... dog care! During the summer I volunteered at a nonprofit that focused on environmental issues and feeding/taking care of there animal sanctuary. It was a great place, but my passion is really more towards animals specifically dogs. During the summer my cousin told me she was about to apply to volunteer at a no kill animal rescue in Chino Hills(15 mins away from Ipoly called "Priceless Pet Rescue") but hesitated when she saw the question "How confident do you feel talking to people?". Coming from Ipoly were you are forced to talk to people, I thought about applying there but stopped because I thought it was to late to change topics.

    It wasn't until last Thursday that I decided to submit my application and sure enough the next morning they said yes. Its kind of different because there is no specific schedule and you apply for days you want online as long as there are still spots open (which I thought was way better).

     So on Wednesday I went for the very first time and depending on how it would go determined if I would change my topic or not. It obviously went very well since I am changing my topic. It was a great experience volunteering my time with the animals and am looking forward to continue to volunteer there.  

Walking Sasquatch for the first time (not sure why she is called that)

No comments:

Post a Comment