Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3:Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1.  List your topic here: Non Profit Organization
2.  -iPoly Citizen
To grow as an I Poly citizen I plan on being punctual to school everyday. I have always had a problem with tardies since I was younger but I'm just tired of  it and want to change. For the past three days I have been to school with at least 10 minutes to spare before school starts and I plan on keeping it that way. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to be on time, but to someone who is well know by Stacy it is definitely a big deal.
 -Effective Learner
To grow in the effective learner category I plan to not procrastinate on projects. I don't do it as much as I used to in freshmen year but there have been times last year where I did procrastinate  Procrastinating is not the best of feelings especially because it effects the learning experience. As in terms of core classes I plan on ask for help in physics if I begin to struggle so I won't fall behind. By either asking Mrs.Pittman for help, getting tutoring from peers, or even studying with others.
-Effective User of Technology
In this category, I've never really excelled but I was never horrible at it too. For example this whole blog idea is completely new to me but I've already gotten the hang of it simply by exploring my different options. Which I guess in a way is kind of like trial and error on what does and doesn't work for me and that is how I plan to grow as an effective user of technology. Whether throughout future projects that require technology or senior project I want to be able to figure out what does and doesn't work out for me just by trial and error so I know for the future. 
-Effective Communicator 
For effective communicator I would first off want to be able to communicate my ideas to other people because shyness sometimes gets in the way. Of course, I would always want to contribute to groups such as the senior class committees.  I feel like senior project will overall help me communicate with others better especially when i'm describing to them what my senior topic was about. As far as getting along with others, I don't have a problem with because i'm very open to compromise unless its something very unreasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment