Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

1.For my 30 hours of Independent Component 2, I will be joining the fundraising Committee at Priceless Pets. They meet the first Monday of every month at different restaurants to discuss both future events and anything related to the funds of the organization. So with this in mind since I am now part of the committee, I will now know when fundraising events will be at during the month so I can volunteer at them. They are even letting me come up with some ideas on what we can do to raise money for next months meeting.
2. The meeting every month, they give an agenda of what they will be talking about and have a calendar of events. I will be posting the information as well as taking pictures of the events and having a signature of hours I have done.
3. This will help me get a further understanding of my topic because it is a first hands on experience of how the money gets to the organization, since it does not just appear there. I will be able to see and work how these events are run and see how much planning one event has. I never realized how much work and thought went into just one event. So based on the successes of these events I will be able to both come u with new answers and get real life examples that support my answers.
4.Done

No comments:

Post a Comment