Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1


  • Literal
A) I Daisy Zavala, affirm that I have ONLY  18 hours of independent Component which represents I do not have 30 hours of work.
b)Since I choose to do extra hours, there was no book but instead my mentorship of Priceless Pets Rescue.
c) Above mentorship log
d) In these 18 hours, I did a variety of things. I would clean out the dogs kennels (mop, sweep, pick up after them, change there blankets and bedding, change their water, put food), sweep the  floor, wash and dry the dogs water bowls, fold their blankets and towels and store them away, walk dogs to the park, clean the windows, and most importantly play with the dogs.

  • Interpretive
I have pictures of times I have gone to volunteer and for the two most recent dates I have signatures of my hours. (NOTE: picture are in spreadsheet under INDEPENDENT COMPONENT 1 LOG)

  • Applied
This component helped me understand my topic better because it really made it clear why I was focusing on my topic in the first place. At my mentorship, it is all based under volunteers who dedicate their time to get things done. Just today, I was walking a dog named Dorthy and she was so adorable, it was devastating to know she didn't have a home. She was AMAZING at walking on the leash. Most dogs tug on their leash but she did not. And when I would stop to pet her, she let me and soon after she would stand on her two legs and jump on me so I could pet her while she licked my face. Incidents like this are what really make you remember why you are doing the things you are. This also helped me reinforce why I had chose this topic and allowed me to keep furthering my research.





No comments:

Post a Comment