Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Monday, September 30, 2013

Quick Tip On Those Pesky Fleas!

So a friend of mine told me that using mint leaves actually help repel fleas.

In case you were not sure on how a mint plant looked like

 I wasn't sure if this was correct or not and upon doing some research I realized it's true! This is especially helpful since I had a flea problem not just with my dog but with my cats as well. As of now the flea season is practically over since it is now fall but I will not hesitate in trying this method myself.

 Not only are mint plants very inexpensive, they smell really good too! They also can withstand harsh weather conditions and come in a variety of aromas.

To repel fleas you can crush some of the leaves (since they don't like the aroma) and place them inside your home, in your pets bedding, under couches. Really anywhere fleas would find as a hiding place. You can also boil mint leaves in a pot wait for it to cool down and spray some on your pet (this method may be trickier for cats).
And hopefully it can stop this
Lastly, your pet can actually eat the mint leaves and it will slowly repel the fleas. Again, planting your own is very inexpensive and is a great alternative to the many dollars spent on buying harsh chemicals to treat fleas.




No comments:

Post a Comment