Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal

  • On right side of blog
  • Priceless Pet Rescue, Chino Hills
  • Lisa Anderson-(951)532-2241

Interpretive

  • The most important thing that I have gained from this is the experience itself. I was able to volunteer my time with dogs rescued from high kill shelters or surrenders. I was able to meet many new people I would have never met regularly. I was able to help a photographer take photos of some of the dogs. Most importantly I was able to be part of the Fundraising Committee for Priceless Pets Rescue. In these meetings I was able to see all the effort, planning, and communication it took to raise funds for the organization. It was also really cool to see Priceless Pets Rescue do some of the tips that I had been researching on. 

Applied

  • What I have done has helped me answer my EQ because I became much more involved with the organization. I have had first hand experiences volunteering at fundraising events and joining the fundraising committee is one of my answers. Without actually volunteering at Priceless Pets Rescue, everything would be completely different and the EQ would have no meaning to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment