Topic and EQ:

Animal Care
"What is the best way to raise funds for a nonprofit animal rescue?"

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal

  • A. I Daisy Zavala affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
  • B. The biggest source that helped me complete my independent component would have to be my mentor Lisa Anderson and the fundraising committee at Priceless Pets Rescue. By joining the fundraising committee I was able to ask questions and listen to the meetings to see how Priceless Pets gains their funds.
  • C. Above Mentorship Log
  • D. In this Independent Component, I was able to be "behind the scenes" in the organization. I listened to problems facing the organization, future event preparation and ideas, and saw how Priceless Pets runs their meetings. Everyone talks in an order for what they have to say for the month and subcommittees are formed. They discuss how much profit they've made from the past month in either donations, events, or fundraisers. Along with attending these monthly meetings, I also worked on some events such as the Easter Eggcitment event and the Bruxie Restaurant Fundraiser.  
Interpretative

  • For every meeting I attended, I have the printed sheet that gets passed out to everyone in the committee and Lisa could confirm that I have attended those meetings for the rest of the events I have pictures that I was actually there and are time stamped as well. 
Applied

  • This component has helped me answer my EQ entirely. Without attending those meetings, I would not have came up with my third answer. In fact those monthly meetings are my third answer. It showed me the importance of getting together with your committee to discuss what has been going on within the organization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment